No termbase, no problemRead full article
MultiTerm is unable to create the termbase
This error sometimes flies out in Trados Studio when you try importing a WSXZ package exported from SDL WorldServer.
The reason for this error is simple: there is no target language in the structure of the termbase in the package. In other words, this is not the terms in the target language you lack but the language itself. Thus, you can simply delete the termbase—it won’t be at all helpful during translation. No termbase, no problem.
The method for getting rid of this error is easy:
- Change the extension of the WSXZ package to ZIP.
- Unzip the resulting ZIP archive.
- Delete the terminology_data.tbx file.
- Archive the resulting set of files into a ZIP file.
- Change the extension of the ZIP file into WSXZ.
If you use Total Commander, you can remove a file from the archive directly, without renaming and unzipping.
After these operations, the WSXZ package will open without issues in Trados Studio.