Recently, our partners, the creator of ChangeTracker, Protemos LLC company has released new business translation management system - Protemos.
Protemos is a brand new online project management service developed especially for freelance translators. There is also an Enterprise version for translation agencies, but in this post we’ll talk about the Freelance version.
The project’s main feature is that it’s very easy-to-use and forever free for freelancers. To sign up, just visit www.protemos.com and click the corresponding button.
You can also import your clients from an Excel spreadsheet.
If you already have a list of clients, you can easily search for the one you need, filtering your list by the first letters of the client’s name, ID, email address, or status.
After a couple of months of translation work, you may want to create some reports to see how successful you have been as a freelance translator, proofreader, or other service provider:
Thus, Protemos allows freelancers to:
- Maintain all client information, as shown above.
- Maintain all project-related information, including potential (quotes) and actual projects; link projects and clients; add receivables and deadlines.
- Store project-related files in the cloud.
- Automatically generate quotes and invoices and send them to the client right from the system.
- Record every client’s payments and clearly see who owes you money and whether there are any overdue payments.
- Automatically generate statistics by client and by order; receive notification of your monthly salary, which clients are most profitable, what trends are there in invoicing and payments, etc.
- Export any tables into Excel spreadsheets for further processing, if needed.
In summary, Protemos lets you manage your freelance activities in a simple but very helpful way. This approach is definitely much more flexible and reliable than using Excel spreadsheets alone. It may also be preferable to other competing products in terms of the interface and price (remember, it’s free for freelancers).
This system allows a freelancer to streamline project management activities, freeing up more time for actual translation work.
Moreover, Protemos developers are gathering feedback to make Protemos even more of what users want. The Protemos team would love to hear your ideas. Just sign up at www.protemos.com, try the system, and send us your feedback.